Sunday, October 11, 2020

Good Habits

 


In 1960 I was in Miss Gaegan’s sixth grade class at Old Post Road Elementary School in Abingdon, Maryland.  We had an “Ivory Soap” personal hygiene chart on the classroom wall that developed several good habits.  Every day, If I brushed my teeth, I got an Ivory Soap sticker.  If I shinned my shoes, I got an Ivory Soap sticker.  If I had a comb and a handkerchief, I got stickers.  To this day, I carry a comb and a handkerchief with me.  In college, Dr. Bruce Lackey taught me to carry a second handkerchief in my suit jacket … for someone else.  Good habits are important to develop, and the best time to develop them is when you are young.  Solomon said in Proverbs 20:11, “Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.”  If you aren’t a child any longer, it still isn’t too late to develop good habits.  Hey, why not start by reading your Bible each morning and praying.  Read your Bible BEFORE you read my posts … and then pray for me!  :<)

No comments:

Post a Comment