Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Knee Trouble


I had knee surgery over two years ago, but my knee hasn’t healed like I thought it should have.  The surgeon reminded me that I was seventy years old and would not bounce back like a thirty-year-old.  I almost said that not many thirty-year-old’s have had to have knee surgery, but thought better of it and held my tongue.  I’ve been through three rounds of physical therapy at Results Physical Therapy in Ft. Oglethorpe, and the last time Chris helped me work on my quadriceps (just above my knee).  It has really helped, so I have added a bicycle to continue the therapy.  However, refer to the “seventy-year-old” comment above.  I intentionally kept the bicycle seat low in order to make my quads work harder.  The hills in my neighborhood add to the work-out.  On days that I ride the bicycle, my knee doesn’t hurt at all.  But if I forget a day or two, I can tell it by the pain in my knee.  Hey, that’s exactly how my spiritual life is if I neglect my Bible reading and prayer in the morning.  I am grumpy and out of sorts, and by noontime, I am wondering why everyone is so cross.  But the problem isn’t with them; the problem is with me!  David said in Psalm 119:11, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”  So, now I have two regimens in the morning: ride my bike and read my Bible … but not necessarily in that order.  :<)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment