Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Tee Shirt Tags


Sometimes my obsessions become my frustrations.  I hate tags sticking out on tee shirts, so I cut them off.  Then the no-tag feels so much better on my neck.  But my nylon sleep tee shirt has no printing on it, so without a tag, I don’t know which way is front or which way is back.  So I just put it on and I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.  Or so I thought.  Why is it that I almost always get my sleep shirt on backwards?!  You’d think that every once in a while, I would get it right.  But no, I usually have to pull one arm out of the sleeve, slide the shirt around while pulling the other arm out of the sleeve and then put both arms back in the sleeves of the right side of the shirt.  And all of this drama because I cut off the tag.  Bad idea, Gerald, bad idea.  Hey sometimes I think I have a brilliant idea in the spiritual realm too.  I think I have a better plan of how to do things than God does.  But those plans work out kind of like cutting the tags off of tee shirts.  I may think that they are good plans, but I soon find out that God’s plans are much better than my plans.  Solomon said in Proverbs 21:2, “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”  I just THINK that I know what’s best for me.  But God sees into the future and God knows what’s best for me.  But don’t be too quick to laugh at me.  How about you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment