Wednesday, October 14, 2020

First Class


When I travel to Romania, I usually rent a car so that I will have reliable transportation while in the country.  But once in 2006 I flew into Budapest, Hungary and took a train into Romania.  When I bought my train ticket in Budapest, I was offered a first-class ticket or a second-class ticket.  When I asked what the difference was, the agent told me, “Fifty euros.”  Besides the price, there was no difference between each class ticket.  First class had the same train car, just another cabin.  And the seats were about the same size.  But mainly it was just status, because first and second class got to the same destination at about the same time.  Hey, in this life, you may work hard and gain a little more money than the next person, but you are both going to the same destination.  And make no mistake, there is no advantage in having collected more stocks and bonds when you face your Maker after death.  God will not ask you, “How much do you have in your 401k?” but God will ask you, “What did you do with My Son, Jesus Christ?  Have you trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?”  The writer of Hebrews has apply said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Hey, will you be ready for God’s judgement day?  Or you working on traveling in that “first class” cabin?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment