Monday, February 5, 2024

A Bargain

 


I have a mantle clock that I bought in Salzburg, Austria twenty years ago that I would like to give to my son.  But the old clock quit working five years ago, so I need to get it repaired.  I went to Sam’s Watch Repair on Gunbarrel Rd and found that it will cost $225 to clean and regulate it.  A little steep for this old man.  So, I negotiated a barter of a stain glass advertisement piece for a clock repair.  I used left-over glass and was out only $52 for copper foil and lead soldier.  Much more reasonable.  When I carried in the piece to the watch shop, Sam was elated!  And when I carried in my clock (for free) I was elated!  Both of us were happy!  Solomon talked about two bargainers in Proverbs 20:14, “It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.”  The negotiators in our verse were both happy when the buyer walked away.  The seller thought he put one off on the sucker buyer, and the buyer thought that he had squeezed the seller out of his money.  Hey, I will be happy with my working clock and Mr. Sam will be happy with his stain glass advertisement piece.  But the biggest bargain of my life was the day that I traded my dirty rotten sins for eternal life in heaven.  Praise the dear Lord for giving me such a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment