Saturday, February 17, 2024

Prophecy

 


March 12, 2015, I spoke at International Christian School in Budapest, Hungary.  The student body was mainly missionary kids but included several unchurched students as well.  Well-to-do families in Budapest liked their children to learn English in a moral setting.  A Chinese high school student asked me how I knew that the Bible was true.  I explained that prophecy sets the Bible apart from other sacred books.  Only the Bible accurately foretells events before they happen.  I used the crucifixion of Christ as an example and cited two Old Testament verses:  Psalm 22:16, “For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.”  Zechariah 12:10, “They shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him.”  King David spoke of “piercing” the hands and the feet of the Messiah one thousand years before crucifixion was ever thought of!  And this is the only time that the Hebrew verb for pierced is used in the Old Testament!  Pray for the students at ICSB and the teachers as they minister to the young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment