Thursday, February 8, 2024

Good Decision, Bad Decision

 


I made a good decision and a bad decision last Tuesday.  Let me explain.  My wife likes to shop at Aldi’s, so we shopped at Aldi’s.  And on the snack aisle, she instructed me to get some snacks.  Of course, Aldi’s doesn’t have many name brand items, but I found some knock-off double-stuff Oreo cookies that looked promising.  A good decision.  But back home, I couldn’t find a container to put them in.  So, I emptied some old Christmas Chex mix, rinsed out the container, and refilled it with my precious cookies.  A bad decision, because of the size of the neck of the jar.  I could barely get my hand into the jar, but once I gripped a cookie, I couldn’t get my hand out of the jar at all … the whole point of putting my hand into the jar!  Of course, I could dump the jar over, but that added a step to my cookie retrieval, adding time and bother.  Bummer.  The lesson learned: think ahead and get a wide-mouth jar.  Hey, often in life, I don’t think ahead.  I think only for the moment.  But as a six-year-old boy, I made a life-changing decision the night that I trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior.  And it changed the trajectory of my entire life!  It changed the college that I would attend, it changed my occupation; it changed who I married … in short, it changed everything in my life!  And as a 74-year-old man, I can look back and say, I made a good decision as a little six-year-old boy.  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  Hey, have you become a new creation in Christ?  Why not accept Jesus as your own.  He will transform you and He will give you a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment