Sunday, February 11, 2024

Security

 


I like to push my wife’s wheelchair around.  Really, I do.  But when I take her shopping, I hover over her too much.  I suggest this dress and that top and my constant ‘help’ is just too much for her.  That’s because I am a man and she is a woman.  She goes shopping and I go buying.  But we have found middle ground: I take her into Hamrick’s and leave her there to shop to her heart’s content, and I go next door to Tractor Supply and buy to my heart’s content.  And we are both happy.  But the other day, I came back to Hamrick’s, and she was in a conversation with a man.  I came up just as she was saying, “I picked up this bag to keep my items in.  I’m not shoplifting; my purchases just keep falling off my lap.”  The man said, “I’ll tell the security.  Thanks.”  Evidently, one of the store security men was watching my wife!  Really?!  Do you think that a lady in a wheelchair could ‘run’ out of the store with several items?!  Wouldn’t she be easy to catch?!  Oh, well …  At least my wife was proactive and had spoken to the man and explained her situation.  Paul said in Romans 14:16, “Let not then your good be evil spoken of.”  Better to get out of a problem before you get into a problem.  Good thinking, Kathy.  Good thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment