Thursday, February 29, 2024

Single Work Boot

 

I drove to the bookstore at the mall to get a birthday present for my granddaughter last Tuesday evening.  I got the books that I wanted, and since I had parked by JCPenney, I ran in to see if they had any ties marked down.  They didn’t, but by the exit they had several athletic shoes on clearance.  I picked up my size and walked a few feet to the shoe department to find a stool to try them on.  I slid off my left work boot and put on the left sneaker, but it was too small.  I hobbled back to the display with one shoe off and one shoe on and got a size larger.  When I went back to the shoe department, there were three Penney executives with folded arms staring at my work boot.  As I hobbled up to the men with the other work boot on, I sheepishly said, “Sorry.  I’m trying on these athletic shoes.”  One of them said, “Oh, no, no!  We’re glad you are!”  The other one went on, “Customers often steal shoes and leave their old ones here, so we’re glad to see you shopping instead of stealing!”  I was relieved and they were relieved.  Everyone was happy.  I even found clearance shoes that fit!  Hey, when you praise the dear Lord above, it’s a win/win situation too!  Hebrews 13:15, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”  God is honored by our praise, and we are satisfied because we were made to give praise to Him.  Hey, praise the dear Lord today!

No comments:

Post a Comment