Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Automatic Trash Can

 


About a year ago, my son bought us this automatic kitchen garbage can.  At first, I thought it was unnecessary, but I soon found out that I had needed an automatic garbage can for a long time, I just didn’t know it.  When I have dripping eggshells in my right hand and my left hand is under my right hand catching the drippings on the way to the trash can, and the trash can opens automatically, I am pleased … and my wife is pleased that I don’t drip raw egg on the kitchen floor.  But my automatic trash can tends to be overly zealous.  When I get Cheerios out of the cabinet near the trash can, it opens.  When I get the broom from beside the trash can, it opens.  When I get a coffee cup from the shelf above the trash can, it opens.  It doesn’t think, it just opens.  Hey, we should be as ready to serve the dear Lord as my trash can is ready to open for me!  Paul said in Ephesians 6:5, “Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.”  We should be quick to listen to the boss at work.  We should obey our parents immediately.  And we should be just as quick to obey the words of Jesus Christ as my trash can is to open for me!  Hey, have an automatic trash can attitude today.  I’ll bet you’ve never heard that admonition before!

No comments:

Post a Comment