Sunday, February 18, 2024

Prayer

 


Often, I am careless in my prayers.  I begin with my shopping list of requests instead of pausing as I come into the throne room of the Creator of the Universe.  I fail to acknowledge that God knows what He is going to do before I ask.  So, my prayers are really for my benefit and my opportunity to praise the Lord for His greatness, love, and benevolence.  And I need to be more careful about what I ask for.  Little kids ask for candy.  Often, I ask amiss.  I should think before I ask.  Really.  Because God might give me what I ask for, but it might not be what He wants to give me.  After all, God knows what is best for me.  I had an older friend years ago who was careful when he prayed.  At the beginning of his public prayers, he always said, “Dear Lord, please guide me in my prayer.”  Very wise, Mr. Robert.  And I try to ask the Holy Spirit to turn my prayers around and deliver them to the heavenly Father just as He would have them to be.  Paul said in Romans 8:26, “Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.”  I am glad that the Holy Spirit interprets my prayers and delivers them as I would want them to be delivered.  Hey, take a moment and ask the dear Lord to help you in your prayers today.  And He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment