Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Disappointed

 


Monday morning, I went to cardiac rehab and went through my exercises.  When I picked up the 10-pound dumbbells and did my presses, I fairly flew through them.  I thought, “I am really developing great muscles.”  But then I looked down at the dumbbell rack and saw that someone had misplaced the 8-pound dumbbells for where the 10-pound dumbbells should have been.  I wasn’t developing great muscles at all!  How disappointing!  Hey, have you ever been disappointed?  I have!  But I have never been disappointed in Jesus Christ.  Have you?  Of course you haven’t.  You may have been disappointed by someone at church or a preacher on TV, but you have never been disappointed by Jesus Christ.  That’s because He is the real deal and Jesus Christ will never disappoint anyone.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 13:5, “… for he (Jesus) hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  He never has and He never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment