Sunday, March 12, 2017

Joshua 14:10-12



Joshua 14:10-12 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said. When Joshua finished dividing up the land, his old friend, Caleb showed up. Caleb said, “Joshua, you remember how that we were the only ones who thought that we could conquer the Promised Land? That was over forty years ago! And you remember how that Moses had promised to give me a special portion of the Promised Land. Well, Joshua, I am eighty-five years old, but my strength is still like a young man. So I don’t want just any land; I want the Mountain of Hebron. Oh, I know it’s inhabited by giants, but I like a good fight! So bring ‘em on! Give me the mountain!” So Joshua shook his head and blessed Caleb and gave him Hebron for an inheritance. Wow! Isn’t Caleb a challenge for us! Let’s trust God and be like Caleb. Good for you, Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment