Thursday, March 2, 2017

Joshua 5:13-15



Joshua 5:13-15 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. When Joshua had crossed the Jordan River, he was making his plans to besiege Jericho. And as he was thinking he saw a stranger with a drawn sword. If you were Joshua, what would you think? Joshua’s first thought was, “Is this armed stranger a friend or foe?” And that would be my thought. But the stranger said, “I am not a friend or foe, but I am here to take over. I am the Almighty Jesus Christ, the Holy Son of God! So Joshua, take off your shoes, because you are standing on holy ground!” And he did! I know that this mighty soldier was God because only God accepts worship. And when God appears on earth, it is always Jesus Christ, the second person of the Godhead. What a wonderful privilege! And what a wonderful situation – Jesus taking over the responsibilities of battle. I am sure that Joshua relaxed with Jesus Christ in charge! I certainly would!

No comments:

Post a Comment