Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Phillip


My younger brother was a character.  Phillip was impetuous and full of life.  I still have a necktie that belonged to him.  He tied it and the small end of the tie was too long.  So, instead of retying the tie, he cut the small end off to match the front.  That was Phillip.  Phillip and I slept in twin beds in the back bedroom of our house.  One night, on a lark, he got out of bed in the wee hours of the morning, crept to my bed, slugged me in the shoulder, and jumped back into his bed.  I woke up, disoriented, and saw Phillip sleeping.  I thought that I had had a nightmare, but my shoulder was hurting.  As I was rubbing my eyes, I heard Phillip snicker under his covers.  I jumped on him, and the fight was on!  Twice, I had to finish fights that he had started.  Afterwards, I let him have it for getting me into trouble.  Phillip was killed in a car accident when he was sixteen and I was almost eighteen.  I was close to Phillip, but when I trusted Jesus as my Savior in 1956, I found a Brother that was even closer.  Earthly relationships are sweet, but Jesus is the best friend that you could ever have.  Proverbs 18:24 “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”  Don’t neglect your best friend, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment