Wednesday, November 20, 2013

John 3:17



John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. Have you ever known anyone who was always right? I don’t mean that they were know-it-all’s, but it just seemed like everything that they did was always right. And often they were nice people to be around because they were confident. They even knew that they were always right. God sent His Son, Jesus into the world, not to embarrass us and to make us ashamed because we could not be perfect like Jesus. God sent His Son into the world in order to pay for our sins and to make a way for us to go to heaven when we die. I love my wife, and I would die for her. But I can’t die for her sins because I have my own sins to pay for. My dear wife loves me and might want to die for my sins. But she can’t die for my sins because she has her own sins to pay for. Only God’s perfect Son could die for someone else’s sin. And only God’s infinite Son could die for all the sins of the whole world at once! What a wonderful gift Jesus gave us on the cross of Calvary – the gift of eternal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment