Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I John 5:11-13



I John 5:11-13 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. These are absolutely wonderful verses. These three verses are our spiritual birth certificate. Let me explain. When each of my four children was born, Kathy and I received a birth certificate from the hospital. The birth certificate had my name, Kathy’s name, and the baby’s name along with their little footprint. That piece of paper was official. That proved exactly when and where they were born. Our verses for today contain our spiritual birth record. Verse eleven starts by saying that this is the record. This is official. Then verse twelve goes on to say that if you have the Son, you have life and if you don’t have the Son, you don’t have life. It is as simple as that. Salvation is found only in Jesus Christ. And finally, verse thirteen says that these have been written so that we may know that we have eternal life. It doesn’t say that we might have eternal life. It doesn’t say that we can have eternal life. It does say we can know – for sure – that we have eternal life. Remember, I John 5:11-13 is our spiritual birth certificate. And God says that it is official!

No comments:

Post a Comment