Sunday, May 15, 2016

Colossians 1:12-14



Colossians 1:12-14 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. Paul was excited about his salvation. He realized that his salvation was from God the Father through Jesus Christ, the Son. Jesus was the One who died for our sins, but Paul was giving thanks to God the Father. Why is that? Well, that is because they are the same person. God is one! If you pray to the Father, you are also praying to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. We don’t serve three Gods; we serve One God – in three persons. And Paul was glad to have sins forgiven and to have his soul redeemed. And so am I. I am glad that my sins will never be held against me. And this salvation was bought with a very precious price: the death of Jesus Christ. Jesus gave His life for me – and for you. And with Paul, I can say, Hallelujah! praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment