Sunday, April 23, 2017

Malachi 3:10



Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. When I was a boy, I noticed that my dad used tithe envelopes at church. At the beginning of the year, the church treasurer would give my dad a box of 52 envelopes, and dad used one each week. So I asked the treasurer for a box of envelopes for me to use. Mr. Miller gave me a box for myself. My allowance was 35¢ each week. I wanted to give 10%, but I couldn’t give 3½¢, so I rounded it up to 5¢ each week in my envelope. Several months later, my dad said, “Mr. Miller says that you are tithing each week using envelopes.” I told him that it was true. “So my dad asked, “How much do you give?” I said that I gave 5¢ each week because my tithe was only 3½¢. My dad smiled and said, “Well if you give 5¢ each week, I’ll raise your allowance to 50¢ each week to match your tithe.” That was when I realized that God would bless me if I gave to Him. If we are generous to God, He will be more than generous to us. We can’t out-give God. He will always give more to us than we can give to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment