Monday, July 19, 2021

Camp Uncle John


My daughter-in-law, Laura is a schoolteacher and has the summer off.  My daughter, Beth, works and has an eleven-year-old son, Bennett, who needs supervision in the summer.  So Laura watches her son, Greyson, and Bennett at “Camp Aunt Laura” in the summer.  This past week, Laura had three days of training for school.  Her husband, John (my son), has Monday and Tuesday off work, so he had “Camp Uncle John” on Monday and Tuesday.  Needless to say, Camp Uncle John was very different than Camp Aunt Laura.  Monday, John and the two boys went fishing at the duck pond just behind the Camp Jordan arena in East Ridge.  I texted John Monday evening and asked if they caught any fish.  John replied, “No, but we did catch this,” and attached a picture of this large snapping turtle!  Quite a different catch!  I bet that the boys were excited about the turtle.  Can you imagine trying to get the hook out of this turtle’s mouth?!  The boys were fishing for little, harmless fish, and hooked a dangerous angry snapping turtle!  Hey, has that ever happened to you in life?  Have you ever got into something that was much harder to get out of?  What started out as a fun project ended up in an angry confrontation?  Years ago, I installed a roof for a man who turned out to be impossible to please.  I almost lost my wages, the wages of my two helpers, and the cost of the materials that I had paid for out of my own pocket.  Proverbs 22:24&25, “Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.”  Great words of wisdom from the Bible!  Don’t get involved with an angry man … or a snapping turtle.  Both are dangerous and will end up biting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment