Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Diabetic Retinopathy


Kathy and I are going through some struggles (keep us in your prayers).  But all is not bad.  There is a sliver lining to our cloud.  Last Sunday, we got up, ate a bite of breakfast (her a bite and me a bigger breakfast), and got ready for church.  The past forty-nine years has been a great marriage, but Sunday mornings, well, they have been a struggle.  I am a morning person and Kathy is not.  She has one concept of getting to church on time, but I have another.  The first twenty years, she had to get herself AND the children ready.  I’ll give her that.  But the next twenty-nine years, well, it’s been her will against mine.  A few times I left for church on time in my truck leaving her behind to drive in the car.  But that wasn’t very kind of me.  Most Sundays I fussed at her, and she grumbled back.  But that’s not a good way to begin Sundays.  But last Sunday was different.  Last Sunday we were one hour early for church.  Let me explain.  Kathy’s eyes are not good, she can’t see the clock, last Sunday she didn’t ask me what time it was, I didn’t bother to tell her what time it was, so we just kept rolling.  When we got to church, ours was the only car in the parking lot.  And that was the first of many firsts.  I was the one to unlock the church.  I was the one to make the coffee.  I got everything ready, we sat down with a cup of coffee, and we greeted everyone who came in.  And there you have it.  The one good thing that I have to say for diabetic retinopathy.  Seriously, Solomon said it right in Proverbs 18:22, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”  I am glad that my dear wife has put up with me for all of these years.  And I am praying for many more!  I love you, Kathy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment