Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Open at 5 am


I take my wife to dialysis here in Ringgold every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Her appointment time is 5 am.  Yikes!  But we have a rhythm now.  I get up at 4 am, get dressed, and then I wake her up with the smell of coffee brewing.  Not a bad way to wake up.  After I take her to dialysis, I often eat breakfast at Hardee’s.  That’s because Hardee’s is one of the few places open at 5 am.  But I noticed Monday that there is one other place open: Planet Fitness.  They are open 24/7!  And at 5 am there were about twenty cars in the parking lot!  What dedication to be working out at 5 am!  Hey, we should be that dedicated to God’s work!  Are you up at 5 am reading your Bible?  Are you up praying for your fellow church members at 5 am?  The Lord said in Proverbs 8:17, “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”  Hey, seek the Lord early.  Or … seek the Lord late.  The key is to just seek the Lord whenever your time of the day is.  Have you met with the dear Lord today?  Actually, right now would be a good time.  Close Facebook, shut down your computer, get out your Bible, and read it.  And pray.  At least pray for me!  ;<)

No comments:

Post a Comment