Sunday, July 25, 2021

Drive/Live with New Confidence!


A month ago, I was in the market for four new tires for my wife’s car.  (The old truck is mine and the nicer car is hers.)  I like to keep good tires and good brakes on my wife’s car.  My Uncle Grayson taught me that.  He used to say, “A car may not run very good, but it has to stop.  Have good brakes and good tires.”  Good advice, Uncle Gray.  Costco had a special on Michelin tires with an instant rebate, so I bought them.  I have had one other set of Michelin tires in my life, and they lasted 60,000 miles!  They are pricey, but they are worth the money.  Last week while it was raining, I noticed that the car didn’t slip going downhill at the stop sign in our neighborhood like it usually.  And coming up the hill around the same corner, the car went right up instead of spinning out.  Hey, those Michelin tires really grip the road!  Monday it rained again, and I drove with new confidence.  The car didn’t slide or spin thanks to my new Michelin tires.  Hey, can I make an application?  How are you in life?  Are you going about fearful?  Do you worry at each corner?  Are you afraid of what might happen around the next curve in life’s road?  Or are you trusting in Jesus?  Do you let Jesus protect you and keep you safe?  He wants to.  David didn’t know about Michelin tires for his chariot, but he did know about the good Lord!  David said in Psalm 20:7, “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.”  It’s good to trust in Michelin tires, but it’s better to trust in the Lord.  Michelin may be good for 60,000 miles, but the Lord is good forever and forever.  And that’s real peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment