Thursday, May 7, 2015

Genesis 4:1



Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. It must have been scary for Eve to give birth for the first time. She didn’t know why her stomach was growing so much. And she was shocked and afraid when the labor pains began when her little baby was born. But when little Cain came into the world, Eve was so happy. She realized that her little boy was a gift from God. That’s how I feel too. I have four wonderful gifts from God – my four children. But my grandchildren, well they are really a gift from God! I am sure Adam and Eve loved little Cain. They loved his brother, Abel, when he came along next. God was blessing Adam and Eve with a wonderful family. But there was a dark side to their children that Adam didn’t fully understand. The problem was that Adam had passed his sin nature on to his children. They were innocent and sweet babies, but they would soon grow into adults who were sinners. And sin had consequences. There are bad things that happen because of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment