Sunday, May 17, 2015

Genesis 9:11-15



Genesis 9:11-15 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. When Noah and his sons offered a sacrifice after the flood, God was pleased with their obedience. And God made a covenant with them that He would never destroy the earth again with water. God used a rainbow as the symbol of His covenant. Can you imagine how Noah and his family felt when a rain cloud came over them? They had just had a nerve-wracking ordeal with rain. Every time they saw a raincloud, they must have shivered. But right along with the rain cloud was God’s rainbow. What a comfort the rainbow must have been! God wanted to reassure Noah and his family that everything was going to be OK. They didn’t need to worry. God would take care of them. And never forget: God will take care of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment