Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ephesians 5:17



Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Songs are a blessing to me. I love to sing. And often I sing when no one can hear me. The audience isn't important because our verse says that we should be singing for ourselves. We should be singing in order to encourage ourselves. I sing in the shower and I sing while driving in my truck. Once I got really fancy with a solo in my truck and was really enjoying myself. I could picture myself on a huge stage singing boldly to a huge audience. But then I stopped at a red light and looked over to see someone sitting in the lane beside me just staring at me. But, who cares! I am singing to myself - that’s what our verse is talking about. We are to sing and make melody in our hearts – to ourselves – and to our Lord. After all, Jesus Christ should be our best audience, shouldn’t He?

1 comment: