Friday, November 6, 2015

Ephesians 5:18



Ephesians 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Paul compares being filled with the Spirit to being filled with alcohol. This is a crazy verse! Why should we compare being filled with the Spirit of God to a drunkard? But here it is in the book of Ephesians, so it must be true. So, let’s look at a drunkard and see what they are like. First of all, the drunk is addicted to their alcohol. Their whole life is controlled with the desire to get their drink. Next we see that their entire body is controlled by the liquor. And then lastly, everyone else can see that they are under the influence of the alcohol. Well, already I can see why God compares controlled by the Spirit to being controlled by alcohol. The Holy Spirit of God should be our consuming desire. We should want to be controlled by God every minute of every day. And everyone else should see that we are controlled by the Holy Spirit by the way that we behave. I don’t want people to know me as a drunk, but I sure do want them to know me by how God is in my life! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment