Sunday, June 18, 2017

Jeremiah 1:8



Jeremiah 1:8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Have you ever faced someone who looked very stern? It might have been your mother or father when you did something pretty bad. I sure know that I have. I have spent my share of time outside of the principal’s office. He looked very serious when he looked at me. And Jeremiah spent time looking at the frowning faces of the leaders of Israel who didn’t want to hear his message. So God had to warn Jeremiah before he faced those men. God told Jeremiah that the leaders would not be pleased with what he had to say. But God was pleased with Jeremiah. So, let me ask you a question: Would you rather face someone’s frowning face or face God’s frowning face? Oh my! I’m sure you do not want to displease God! Don’t be afraid of their frowning face, as long as you are facing God’s smiling face!

No comments:

Post a Comment