Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Dead Sparrow

 

I like little birds.  I have two bird feeders and a suet feeder in the back yard.  The birdseed costs me a lot of money, but the birds bring me so much pleasure.  So I buy the seed and feed them.  Last week, I was saddened to find a dead sparrow in the front yard.  It must have hit the living room window.  Poor little thing.  And then I was reminded of what Jesus told his disciples just before He sent them out on an evangelistic tour.  Jesus said in Matthew 10:29&31, “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.”  Hey, I was saddened by the dead bird, but I got over it in two minutes.  I didn’t have a funeral.  I didn’t dig a grave.  I didn’t raise a marble gravestone over its final resting place.  The bird was virtually insignificant in the world.  But God cared.  God noticed that one of His sparrows had died.  And If God cares for a little sparrow, He certainly cares for me too!  And guess what?  He cares for you!  Make no mistake, you are important to God.  Don’t forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment