Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Trust

 

The first time I flew overseas was in 1990.  That was long before 9-1-1 and travel was much different than it is now.  I got onto an airplane in Chicago and flew to Frankfort, Germany.  I was thinking yesterday of how trusting I was.  As I boarded the airplane, the pilot was there greeting the passengers.  He looked polished, but I had no way of knowing his credentials.  I never asked him how many hours he had logged on a jet airplane.  I never asked to see his certification.  I never checked his record with the HR department of the airline.  No, I just trusted that he could get me to Germany safely.  We trust people regularly as we go about our daily business.  The milk is stamped with an “expiration date” and I trust what is written there.  But is it trustworthy?  Who checks on the people who stamp that date on the milk jug?  I trust other drivers that they will stay on their side of the double yellow lines.  What if they suddenly swerved over the line?  Do I think about that?  But let me ask you a deeper question.  Can you trust in God to take you safely to heaven when you die?  Hey, when you pass from this life into the next life, it’s too late to search for answers or check for facts.  We must trust the good Lord that He can take us safely to heaven as he has promised to do.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Someday we must face our Maker.  Can we trust Him?  Well, just think about it.  If God could create the entire universe and keep it in motion every second of every day, He must be capable of guarding our soul and taking us to heaven.  Yes, God is trustworthy.  He has the credentials to take us safely through.  You can trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment