Saturday, March 6, 2021

Jobs

 

When our children were young, Saturday was house cleaning day.  I taught school and coached basketball and my wife was a teacher as well.  We survived during the week and caught up on the details on Saturday.  Laundry, changing bedclothes, vacuuming and dusting.  Everyone worked, but everyone knew their limits.  The older ones could do more and didn’t mind doing a little extra.  The younger ones worked but played at work as well.  Dad had dad-type jobs, mom had mom-type jobs, kids … well you get it.  But I have noticed in life that there are some jobs that only the good Lord can handle.  When my wife was diagnosed with diabetes, the diagnosis was too much for me to handle.  That was a God-type job that only God could handle.  When Kathy’s kidneys failed, when Kathy had a heart attack, when my dad passed away, when my mother passed away, those were all just too much for me to handle.  But guess who could handle those jobs?  God could.  Hey, there are many things that I just can’t manage.  But God can.  God not only can, but God wants to handle those big problems that I can’t handle.  Peter said in I Peter 5:7, “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”  Did you get that?  God cares for you!  Just give those impossible jobs to God.  He can do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment