Sunday, March 14, 2021

Fearful

 

Kathy and I have been going through some deep waters lately.  Two separate hospitalizations, a trip to the emergency room, EMS at the house twice, three surgeries in less than a week … a lot has been going on.  I’m not bragging, but I consider myself and my dear wife to be solid Christians.  But I have learned something in the past two months: uncertain times make me fearful.  Oh, I know that my eternal soul is secure, and I will be with my Lord someday, but the process of getting there makes me fearful.  Hey, have you been fearful recently?  Have you been fearful during the Covid pandemic?  Do you wonder if you might be the next statistic on the nightly news broadcast?  Have you been furloughed from your job?  Have your hours at work been cut?  Have you been called upon to teach your child at home, and you are NOT a teacher?  There are many things that make us fearful.  I fear growing old and not being able to take care of myself.  I fear of losing my memory.  I fear that I won’t remember what I am supposed to remember.  Hey, life is fearful, but the one thing that gives me comfort is knowing that the dear Lord is with me.  AND He has promised to be with me until the very end of my life.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said of God in Hebrews 13:5, “… for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  What a comfort to know that God has promised to always be with me!  The Lord Himself put it a little stronger in Isaiah 49:15, “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.”  No matter how difficult your life becomes, God will NEVER forget you.  He will be with you, every step of the way.  And when you lay your head on your pillow at night, and the lights grow dim, the dear Lord will be right there with you.  What a comfort!  What a promise!  What a God!

No comments:

Post a Comment