Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The First Girl that I Kissed

 


Kathy Papastavro was the first girl that I kissed.  She is also the only girl that I ever kissed.  Now don’t get technical on me.  My mother and sister don’t count.  And I have kissed my daughters and mu nieces.  I mean a “I’m in love with you” kiss on the mouth kiss.  So, in 1971 I knew that Kathy was the one for me.  So I planned this great date that ended up on Missionary Ridge where I told her that I loved her and sealed the deal with a kiss.  We moved to Michigan a month later where Kathy lived at home with her mother and I worked with my future brother-in-law.  I spent every waking, non-working hour thinking about Kathy.  I visited her each day, even though I worked twelve-hour shifts and had to drive thirty-two miles to see her.  That’s because I wanted to be with her.  I wanted to get to know everything about her.  At lunchtime, I drove out to the nearest phone booth (that was before cell phones) and called her just to hear her voice.  None of this was hard for me to do.  No one told me that I had to do those things for my girlfriend.  Why did I do them?  Because I loved her!  Hey, do I love God?  Do I want to spend time with Him?  Do I pour over His Words in the Bible?  Do I spend hours talking to the dear Lord (it’s called prayer)?  Hey, No one should have to tell me to spend time at church with the people of God.  I should be at church every time that the doors are open - that is if I love God.  David said of the man of God in Psalm 1:2, “But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.”  Do I love God like I love my girl?  It could be that I need to fall in love with God once again.  So, what about you?  Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment