Friday, March 19, 2021

Early Riser


My wife is on hemodialysis three days a week.  This week, she tried the early shift, and it seems to be working out.  Which is interesting, because she is not a morning person.  We get up at 4:15 am and roll into the Kidney Center of Ringgold at 5 am.  Kathy gets hooked up to the machine at her couch, puts on her noise-canceling earphones, gets out her blanket, covers up her head, and sleeps for three hours.  But me, I am a morning person.  I leave her and stop at Jack’s to eat breakfast (They open at 5 am).  Yesterday the lady behind the counter was grumbling about everything.  She was not a morning person.  She made coffee but forgot to put the grounds into the brewing basket.  She had a pot of hot, coffee-stained water.  Hey, when I post early, I know Gail Z. will react first.  Or it might be my cousin, Cindy, who drives a school bus.  Then Angela V. checks in.  Angela is an early-riser school teacher.  Hey, I’m glad that whether I am an early riser or a night owl, God is right there awake and ready to listen to me.  Hey, BEFORE I call upon the Lord, He has already answered my prayer!  God said in Isaiah 65:24, “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”  If you are up early, God is up too.  If you are up late, God is up late with you.  God is always near and God is always listening.  What a comfort!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment