Friday, May 14, 2021

A Spy

I have a dear friend, Joe W., who taught at a Christian school in Clinton, Maryland near Washington, D.C.  He came over to visit us here in Chattanooga and brought some of his former students with him.  Some were attending college here in Chattanooga and others had jobs in up in D.C.  One of the young men was called “Bear”.  My son John asked him what he did, and Bear was evasive.  My friend Joe chuckled and said, “Bear works for the NSA.”  My son John asked, “What’s that?”  Joe answered, “The National Security Agency.”  Now my son was curious and began pestering Joe and Bear with questions.  But Bear’s answers were always, “Well, I can’t really tell you.”  Joe said to John, “Bear is a spy, and he can’t tell you his real name or what he does.”  That really got John’s interest, so he hung around Bear the entire evening trying to get any information out of him that he could.  Hey, Bear is not the only spy that I have ever met.  I know many spies.  These spies are Christians who are afraid to let anyone know that they are really Christians.  They may be one of your co-workers, but you’d never know that they were Christians.  That’s because they try to blend in so that no one knows that they go to church.  They may come over to your home for a meal, but you’d never know that they know Jesus.  They never talk about the Bible or God so that they won’t blow their cover.  They are “secret agent Christians”.  Hey, are you afraid to let others know that you are a Christian?  Jesus said in Matthew 10:32&33, “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.”  That’s pretty serious.  Are you ashamed of Jesus?  Are you a “secret” believer in Jesus?  You may not really be a believer in Jesus if you are afraid to be known as a Christ follower.  Hey, don’t be a Christian spy; be an outspoken follower of Jesus Christ.  Be proud of Jesus and He will be proud of you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment