Monday, May 17, 2021

Happy Birthday, Beth Ann

 


Today is the birthday of my sweet baby girl.  She is a wonderful wife, mother, and leader, but she will always be my little girl.  In 1978, I had just finished my last exam in college and went to “The Happy Corner” snack bar at Tennessee Temple College to get a cup of coffee.  My name was called over the intercom (before cell phones) and on the phone was my wife telling me that it was time for the birth of our third baby.  Back then, we had no idea if it was a boy or a girl.  I rushed home to our trainer where Carol Calvert, our dear friend, was waiting with my wife.  I drove Kathy to East Ridge Hospital (now Parkridge East) and Elizabeth Ann Whitely (Baxter) was born that morning.  Kathy came home from the hospital Sunday afternoon, and on Monday, she and my new baby girl (and her older sister and brother) were at my college graduation.  Join me in wishing Beth a happy birthday!  III John 4, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment