Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Unused Gift Cards

 


Today I was cleaning off my dresser and discovered four gift cards that I had forgotten about.  They were buried underneath all the stuff.  I have had those gift cards for two months but had forgotten all about them.  I have gone to Lowe’s, Chick fil-A, and Publix many times, not remembering that I had gift cards available.  Had I remembered the gift cards, I could have used them and saved my money.  Hey, that’s exactly how we are as Christians with God’s goodness and our lack of prayer.  The dear Lord has gifts in heaven piling up waiting to be given to us, but we fail to ask Him for them in prayer.  Jesus said in Matthew 7:7&8, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”  Jesus has promised to give us the things that we need, but we fail to have them because we fail to ask Him for them!  Hey, just like I cleaned off my dresser, clean out your prayer closet and get closer to the Lord!  Like my unused gift cards, Jesus wants to help.  We just need to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment