Friday, May 21, 2021

Diligence

 


Today I needed a bid from Lowe’s.  So I went to the contractor’s desk and looked for Cheryl H.  She was down on her knees counting light bulbs for a contractor’s shipment to be picked up later that day.  There were six or eight other people working at the contractor desk that I could have asked for help, but I knew that Cheryl would get my bid done on time and done accurately.  Cheryl never complains and always has a smile.  She will go the extra mile to help me when I need something, and she will work late to get an order out on time.  In short, Cheryl has a good reputation.  Solomon said about the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31:18, “She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.”  Hey, do you have a good reputation?  When the boss needs the job done right, does he think of your name?  When the boss needs someone to work overtime, does your name come to her mind?  Does the word, “diligent” describe you?  If not, it might be time to take inventory.  Step back and examine your work ethic.  Hey, it’s not too late.  Make a change today!


No comments:

Post a Comment