Sunday, May 30, 2021

French Dialogues

In 1963 I took French I from Miss McFadden at Edgewood high school in Edgewood, Maryland.  In order to learn expressions and conversational terms, we had these dialogues between two or three people to memorize.  They were about a page long, handwritten.  We had one a week.  I memorized them but didn’t understand too much.  When I took French III as a junior, I revisited those dialogues and, amazingly, as I repeated them in my head, I understood them perfectly!  Hey, often I read words on the pages of the Bible, but the words just don’t seem to sink into my soul.  But when I ask the blessed Holy Spirit for wisdom, He makes the words come alive.  That’s because the Holy Spirit is my guide and teacher.  But for some folk, they never come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.  He never becomes their Savior.  Jesus is just a word on the page.  Jesus said in Matthew 7:21&22, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?”  But the sad part is found in verse 23.  Jesus will say, “… I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”  Do you read the Bible with understanding?  Or are you like me in French I?  Are the words of the Bible just words on a page?  I hope not.  Ask God for wisdom and for guidance.  He will teach you if you but ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment