Thursday, February 24, 2022

Are You Sure?


Beside my bed there is a window with a ledge that is a perfect place for a clock.  But it is too narrow for most clocks.  So, I bought a little battery-powered LED clock that fits perfectly.  The only drawback is that I have to push a button for it to light up … for 5 seconds.  But it serves its purpose well.  This morning, I took Kathy to dialysis at 5:15 am.  Yikes!  So, I got home, made myself an egg sandwich, ate it, and went back to bed.  I woke up and picked up my little clock to see what time it was.  It read, “6:51”.  Well, I felt refreshed and still had plenty of time.  But I was a little puzzled.  I noticed that the “1” had a foot on it.  I had never seen the foot before, so I put on my glasses for a closer look.  I discovered that I was looking at the oval clock upside down.  The “1” with a foot was actually an upside down “7”.  instead of “6:51 it was 7:59 and I was almost late to pick up my wife!  Have you ever been pleasantly surprised, only to be disappointed once again?  That extra money in your bank account was only because a check hadn’t gone through yet.  You got to your child’s school early only to remember that they had band practice late that day.  Jesus said in Matthew 6:31-33, “Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? … for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”  Our plans may prove to be faulty, but we can trust in God’s plans.  He knows what is best and everything that is going on.  You can depend upon the good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment