Friday, February 11, 2022

Silicone Wedding Ring


When we got married in 1971, my wife gave me a solid gold wedding ring.  Well, actually, it was 18 karat gold, but you know what I mean.  Pastor Richards extoled the purity and durability of gold during our ceremony.  Then on our 25th anniversary, my wife had her father’s wedding ring sized to fit me (8 ½) and inscribed with, “I love you” on the inside.  Well, last week, that wedding ring cracked, probably where it was sized 25 years ago.  I didn’t want to go without a wedding ring while waiting to repair my ring, so I ordered (and got in two days) a black, silicone ring.  I feel so trendy.  And the silicone may help me.  I almost pulled my finger off - by the gold wedding ring - twice.  My ring caught on a bolt at work in Michigan and snagged on another bolt while rolling a volleyball pole onto a parking lot.  The silicone ring, however, is flexible, resilient, and safe in every situation.  Hey, that sounds like our marriage over the years!  And silicone stretches - like my pants waistband over the same fifty years.  Come to think of it, I think this new silicone wedding ring will do just fine.  I’ll repair my gold ring and put it away in my top drawer, where all of my precious memories go.  Well, not all of my precious memories.  My precious wife is in the living room.  :<)  Proverbs 18:22, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”

No comments:

Post a Comment