Sunday, February 27, 2022

Used


My younger brother liked to irritate me.  Of course, as the older brother, I probably bullied him.  No, actually, I DID bully him.  But he irritated me.  A split second before I picked up my shirt, he would say “Pick up that shirt” in a commanding voice, and I would.  Then he would laugh.  Then I reached into my dresser to get out my jeans, and he would say (again, in a commanding voice), “Get out those jeans”.  And I would.  As I sat down on the side of my bed and pulled my shoes out, he would say, “Put on your shoes”.  And I would.  Soon, I would jump on him, and the fight would begin.  And he would laugh and laugh at my anger while I went out of control.  Hey, do you know that is exactly how God treats Satan?  Satan thinks that he is in charge of his own actions, but God is using Satan to perform God’s own will!  Satan thought he was eliminating Jesus on the cross of Calvary, but God was using Satan to provide Jesus as the perfect sacrifice to redeem mankind and bring us back to God!  God was using Satan!  Philippians 2:10&11, “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven (the angels), and things in earth (that’s us), and things under the earth (Satan and his demons); And that every (all of us) tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”  Praise the Lord!  Someday, everyone and everything will confess the awesome power and authority of Jesus Christ!  And everything and everyone are moving towards that great day!  And I am glad that I am on the side of Jesus Christ!  Question: are you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment