Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Dryer Lint


I like to wear Docker’s cotton twill pants.  They just feel good on me when I wear them.  I have several pair and take turns wearing them.  But my dear wife remarked to me last week that they are looking a little wrinkly.  And she was right.  But she is not quite well enough to stand at the ironing board to iron them (although she thinks she is).  So, last week, I took two pair to the cleaner’s to have them laundered.  I picked them up on Monday and was shocked at how much it cost to wash, starch, and iron two pair of cotton pants!  But they looked soooo good!  Wednesday evening, I put on my navy blue starched and creased Dockers and felt like a million dollars!  Kathy and I stopped by a widow friend’s house on the way to church to fix her clothes dryer.  Her on/off switch had fallen inside of the control panel and needed to be pulled back out to where it should be.  I had to unscrew six screws on the back panel to get to the problem switch.  I slid the dryer out, removed the screws, and twisted the offending switch back into position.  I replaced the back panel and screws, slid the dryer back, and was done in ten minutes.  But when I got back into the car, my freshly laundered and creased pants were covered in dryer lint!  I dusted the pants off as best I could but went into church feeling like a wrinkled three-dollar bill.  The dear Lord reminded me of James 4:10, “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.”  The dear Lord speaks to my proud heart … even through dryer lint.

No comments:

Post a Comment