Sunday, February 20, 2022

Ceiling Fan


When I installed my ceiling fan in the bedroom, it looked nice.  I liked it … except that it wobbled when it ran on medium and high.  At night the chain flipped back and forth and made an annoying clicking noise that kept me awake.  I had to do something about it.  So, I tried to balance the fan blades with a clothespin.  I clipped it on, started the fan and observed.  I moved the clip from blade to blade until I found two blades that wobbled the least.  The balancing point was somewhere between those two blades.  So, I clipped two pins on those two blades, started the fan and observed.  Then I gradually moved them down the blades until the wobble stopped.  Perfect!  It took me about an hour to balance my ceiling fan.  My fan has been balanced and operating quietly for five years.  Well worth the effort.  Hey, are there things in your life that have been bothering you for years?  Things that are out of sorts and always irritate you?  Why not come to the dear Lord with them?  Why not take the time to deal with them?  Life will be so much better when problems are dealt with and not ignored.  Solomon said it best in Proverbs 28:13, “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment