Saturday, February 12, 2022

Free Aluminum!


Yesterday, I had to pick up four items at Lowe’s for a project at church: 60 bricks, 3” drainpipe, 3 bags of mortar mix, and a roll of aluminum.  On the way to Lowe’s on Battlefield Parkway, I saw a battered roll of aluminum on the other side of the four-lane that had fallen out of a truck.  Nice!  So, I bought three items, stopped by on the way home, and picked up the fourth on the side of the road.  For free!  The aluminum was unrolled with a couple of feet smashed, but I only needed about a foot anyway.  I stopped by home to gather tools and bragged to my wife about my good fortune.  But when I got to church, my free roll of aluminum wasn’t in the back of my truck where I had put it.  It must have blown out on the way.  Bummer!  Oh well.  Easy come, easy go.  Or as Job said in Job 1:21, “… the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”  I can just imagine a driver northbound on I-75 seeing my lost roll of aluminum on the side of the interstate saying, “Hey, that’s a roll of aluminum just like one that I lost … but it was on Battlefield Parkway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment