Sunday, February 13, 2022

Drop of Water

Yesterday, I saw some water on my work boots.  So, I wiped them and went on.  But a little later, I saw a drop of water in the same place on the same boot.  I wiped a little more diligently and looked at the boot again.  The water was still there.  That was because it wasn’t really water.  It was clear silicone caulking that I had dropped onto my boot a day earlier.  The silicone had dried and looked exactly like a water droplet, but it wasn’t really water.  I had to get out my pocketknife and scrape the dried silicone off of my boot.  I had been fooled by the silicone.  It looked like water but wasn’t.  Hey, Satan is just like my silicone-water lookalike.  Satan is called the deceiver in Revelation 12:9 and the accuser of the brethren in verse 10.  He tempts us to do wrong and then accuses us before God when we listen to his deception.  What twisted logic.  But when we are deceived, we fall right into Satan’s trap.  We sin, and then we feel guilty about our sin.  Hey, Jesus has already paid for those transgressions!  Paul said in Romans 8:1, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus …”  Enjoy the forgiveness of sin that is found in Jesus Christ, and don’t fall for Satan’s lies.  Jesus is the real deal; Satan is just a hollow pack of lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment