Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Comforted to Comfort Others

 


I like to spend money, but I also like to save money.  So, on items that I use often, I like to buy the large, economy size.  But with the laundry, the large sized containers get me into trouble.  I keep the fabric softener and liquid laundry detergent on a shelf above the washer.  But the large, economy-sized containers are too heavy to lift up and down.  (You younger folk may not know anything about that, but someday, you will.)  So, I bought the small sized containers of each and just refill them from the large sized containers once in a while and keep the large sized containers on the floor around the corner.  Hey that reminds me of II Corinthians 1:3&4, “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”  When God has been good to you and helped you through a time of trouble, He expects you to be kind to others who are going through similar trouble.  You should encourage them and not just pile onto them with guilt and admonition.  Hey, the dear Lord was kind to you … you should be kind to others too.  It’s easy to criticize someone who is having trouble.  But you should remember when YOU were in trouble.  Forgive others just like God forgave you.  I believe that’s called “The Golden Rule” … well, sort of.  Forgive others as you would have others forgive you.  (The Golden Rule 2.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment