Saturday, March 2, 2024

Stocking Up

 


As I get older, I realize that I think differently.  I don’t want to run out of important items, so I stock up on stuff.  Things like laundry soap, toothpaste, deodorant, aluminum foil, toilet paper, and coffee, to name a few.  But there are problems that come with my stocking up.  First, I must find a place to keep all of the items.  And then, I must remember that I have all of those items.  And as my memory fades, I find duplicate (or triplicate) items stashed in places all around the house.  It borders on hoarding, but not quite.  I feel like the squirrels in the back yard hiding nuts and seeds for the winter.  The squirrels are obsessed with burying seeds for the winter.  But their zeal is pointless because summer or winter, I keep plenty of seed in the bird feeders for them to eat.  They will never run out.  Hey, I just need to be reminded of Paul’s admonition in Philippians 4:19, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  If I need it, the dear Lord will provide it.  And conversely, if the Lord doesn’t provide it, I don’t really need it.  Both are a comfort and an admonition that the Lord will take care of me.  And … He will take care of you.  Yes, He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment