Sunday, March 3, 2024

Copies

 


At Panera bread, after you order your food, you must walk a few steps over to the pick-up counter.  Last Friday, on a shelf near the pick-up counter, I noticed Panera’s selection of specialty teas.  But I was fascinated by the names on the containers.  I almost recognized them, but not quite.  That’s because Panera uses their own brand of teas and some of them mimic the Bigelow brand that has been around for 300 years.  Instead of Bigelow’s English Breakfast tea, Panera offers British Breakfast.  Instead of Bigelow’s Earl Grey tea, Panera had Earl Greyer tea.  Now, I’m not saying that Panera tea is inferior, but they are copies of Bigelow teas that have been around for 300 years.  And we need to be aware of copies in the spiritual world as well.  For instance, I enjoy sitting on the back deck watching the birds flitting around the feeder with the squirrels running around on the ground.  But it is a greater joy to think of the Almighty Creator of the birds and of the squirrels … and of me!  This week I saw pictures on facebook of my great, great niece who was just born.  What a joy!  But to think of Godly parents and Godly grandparents, and Godly great-grandparents and a heavenly Father Who loves them all; well, that is real joy!  Hey, don’t let Satan deceive you with shallow pleasures.  The dear Lord is the source of real joy.  Philippians 4:4, “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.”  Put God first in your life, and you’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment