Thursday, March 28, 2024

Mistaken

 

I went to McAlister’s deli Wednesday at lunchtime and got a baked potato.  The girl brought the potato to me, and I began to unwrap the butter and sour cream.  Moments later, she walked by, and she had put on a plaid flannel shirt.  She must have gotten cold, I thought.  But then, a few seconds later she brought a plate to a nearby table and had the shirt off again.  I was puzzled and watched her go back behind the counter … and walk past her identical twin!  One girl wore a McAlister’s tee shirt and the other girl wore the plaid flannel shirt!  I asked one of them and she confirmed that they were twins.  Hey, have you ever been mistaken in life?  You might have been scammed by a smooth-talking used car salesman.  Or the item that you ordered on Amazon was nothing like the picture when it arrived.  Those tires didn’t last nearly as long as they were supposed to have lasted.  Hey, Jesus is the real deal!  He will never trick you.  He will deliver what He promised, and more!  The writer of the book of Hebrews in Hebrews 13:5 quoted Jesus as saying, “… I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  And never is a long, long time!  Hey, Jesus will never disappoint you.  And you can count on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment